Priority Order of Placement
In circumstances when a school may not be able to accept all applications due to existing or future capacity concerns, schools must manage enrolment applications in accordance with the following priority order of placement:
- students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school
- students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time
- where the Regional Director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school
- students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds
- all other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
In exceptional circumstances, a student may be enrolled in a school based on compassionate grounds. This is an overarching consideration and does not form part of the priority order of placement. Schools are permitted to assess and make a determination for exceptional circumstances applications on a case-by-case basis.
Our School Zone
Our school zone is available on www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au
This site hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
For more information. If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org