Music at Greenvale Secondary College is part of the core curriculum for all students. Instrumental music (including voice as an instrument) is an optional program for which the school provides tuition via a trained music instructor and access to instruments.
Why Learn Instrumental Music
It’s fun and allows you to be part of our exciting ensemble program.
Learning music activates different parts of our cognitive processes and helps in learning a variety of other disciplines. It’s also a great way to experience the benefits of persistence … and you come away with some cool skills.
You get to perform and represent the school as a leader of our music program. There will be many opportunities for engaging outside the school in community events, trips, etc over the years.
Guitar, Keyboard/Piano, Drums & Vocals. (More instruments will be added in future years)
What It Costs
$10.00 per week paid in one lump sum at the start of the year or instalments by arrangement with the Business Manager ($400 for 40 weeks. This is non-refundable if you withdraw from lessons as specialist teachers are employed after your expression of interest).
$100 instrument hire annually (excluding Voice or if you bring your own instrument).
- subsidises some of the costs to make it more accessible for you.
- If financial support is required, please contact the Business Manager
What You Get
- 40 weeks of lessons (size dependent on which instrument you are learning)
- Tuition with a music instructor.
- Ensemble participation.
- Performance opportunities.
- Music leadership badge.
I Am a Parent Who Wants to Help Out
We are interested in creating a Friends of Music parent group to assist at performance events or to help fundraising for new instruments … or to participate as you are able.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in being part of this group.
What Do I Need to Do?
- Contact the college for a sign up form
- Return the form in person at the front office or via email to email to firstname.lastname@example.org